Friday, September 27, 2013

Reflective Blog For The Week Of September 22nd

This week in Econ Class we focused on the budget and fiscal cliffs and such. We were asked what we would cut from the national budget and my two things I would have most liked to pick were sort of different. I chose that I would cut federal spending on public schools and spending on federal aid. I wanted to cut federal spending on schools because it wouldn't affect me because I go to private school and it would make everyone dumber so I would have an easier time getting a good job. I would cut spending on foreign aid because we spend way too much money on countries that don't affect us in any way and it is just poor investment. Yesterday we played a game called BudgetHero where we were in charge of the federal budget and we made all of the big decisions. I kept national defense the same but I cut federal spending on education, health care, and social security. I invested more money on science advancement and energy independence. It worked out pretty well and I got the budget to last to 2036 and made made up for 45% of the debt. How did you guys do? What things did you guys invest in and what things did you guys cut? Let me know in the comments below VVV

6 comments:

  1. I also cut spending on public schools not so that I could get a better job but because most school funding is done by the state and I don't think that the government should be involved in schools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cut my spending on those useless pigwraped laws or whatever its called so we could have more money in our pockets

    ReplyDelete
  3. literally cut everything that could be, and raised all the taxes. I got my thing all the way to 2039.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cut all the negatives and pluses and raise taxes and got to 2039 with three badges

    ReplyDelete
  5. i made it to 2038 and i cut the debt to 18% yea i cut all taxes and the national defence budget. in other events peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with cutting foreign aid. It is something that we don't need to be spending money on if we can barely afford to fund our own government and programs and services. My budget on the game extended to 2038. But I cut EVERYTHING. And I had a surplus, and no dept I believe.
    -Boomer

    ReplyDelete